There are many options available to manage hearing loss. One of them is using assistive technology devices such as those that are designed for daily living which works by directing and amplifying sounds. Other assistive devices available for daily living include wireless TV speakers, bed shakers and amplified telephone devices.
The Hear More Clearly Kit is one of the most practical and useful solutions to issues involving hearing loss. It includes top of the line products such as Amplified Telephone to increase clarity of calls; Soundbox Wireless Speaker to enjoy stereo TV sound anywhere; and SafeAwake to provide the much needed protection in case of a fire outbreak.
1. Hear Calls More Clearly With The Clarity Phone
Using an amplified telephone can be the ideal solution for anyone who is suffering from moderate-to-severe hearing loss as well as someone who has low vision. The new and improved Clarity Phone model JV35W comes with up to 50dB of amplification that is powered by patented technology. Built with an extra large dial pad, the Clarity Phone is all you need to have crystal-clear and hearing-aid quality sound.
Notable features of the Clarity Phone are:
- Amplifies incoming sound by up to 50 decibels using Digital Clarity Power
- Easy to adjust incoming volume control
- Easy to adjust incoming tone control
- Extra large Braille buttons
- Programmable speed dial buttons
- Dials a person’s number upon hearing the name that is spoken out loud
- Visual ring indicator
- Extra loud ringer (95 plus dB)
- Hearing aid compatible
2. Hear Your TV With The Soundbox Wireless Speaker
This wireless TV speaker allows you to enjoy stereo TV sound no matter where you are in the house. After connecting the base to your TV, you can start placing the cordless speaker anywhere such as beside your favorite chair, at the patio, and at the backyard so long as the distance is not more than 100 feet away.
Notable features of the Soundbox Wireless Speaker:
- Wireless and rechargeable
- Uses radio frequency in transmitting audio
- No Bluetooth or WiFi required
- Uses a headphone jack or audio output jacks of red and white with cable for TV connection
- Compatible with major TV brands such as Westinghouse, Toshiba, Sharp, Sanyo, Samsung, RCA, Philips, Panasonic, Mitsubishi, Magnavox, JVC, Hitachi, Sony, LG
- Has a volume knob that works independently from the volume of your TV
3. Fire Safety With Reduced Hearing Ability
The SafeAwake is a unique device that acts like an intermittent bed shaker in order to provide essential protection to people who are deaf and are suffering from hard of hearing in case of an emergency such as fire. Built with flashing white lights and high-decibel, low frequency alarm, SafeAwake is proven as a more effective device compared to standard alarms as far as waking people with hearing loss is concerned.
The following features are found in every SafeAwake product:
- Compatible with any regular electrical outlet of 110 voltage
- Can hear any existing T3 smoke detectors
- Utilizes a sound pattern of 520Hz square-wave
- Works as a bed shaker, audible alarm and flashing light
- Compliant with the requirements set by the National Fire Protection Association Code NFPA-72, UL1971 and UL217
- Includes one bed shaker
- Battery back-up function to ensure no interruption during power outages